Monday, April 28, 2014

Highs & Lows with my Hubby

I've been wanting to build a small greenhouse out of old windows and old glass doors or whatever glass items we could repurpose.  My hubby found a huge piece of old glass at his job last week.  I've been patiently waiting to find out if his boss cared if he took it home for us to build a greenhouse with. 


I got this message today from my sweet hubby:


Just receiving that first message from him made my heart swell and my eyes tear up.  He is the sweetest man I know and I am truly blessed to have him as my husband.  But sometimes I get caught up in life's frustration and forget that.  As I was sitting there reading his last message, I thought to myself "why can't we always be like this?".  Just yesterday I was oober-irritated over something minuscule that he did.  I can't even remember what it was!  Almost as soon as I posed that question a small voice from somewhere within me reminded me that it's okay that we have our lows, because we don't stay there.  We always come back to a high. 

I must accept that we are human.  Put two humans together and things certainly aren't going to be perfect!  We have many perfect moments because we love each other in spite of our short-comings.  While I know that the lows are there and always will be, I know that we always have our highs too and that is what I choose to focus on!

No comments:

Post a Comment